Tiger Eye healing properties & meditation
Aug 24, 2020
Tiger Eye is a crystal of balance, calm & being centered. It’s a perfect Crystal to balance out extremes and therefore the ultimate talisman for personality disorders. It dispels black and white thinking and makes you see things for what they really are.
Chakras • 2nd: Sacral & 3rd: Solar Plexus
Zodiac • Capricorn
Planet • Sun
Element • Fire, Earth
Vibration • Number 4
♥ Calm ♥ Protection ♥ Balance ♥ Clear thinking ♥ Truth ♥ Personal empowerment ♥ Willpower ♥ Practicality ♥ Grounding ♥ Power ♥ Courage ♥ Grace
Tiger’s Eye is one of the best crystals for protection. It can protect you against fear and anxiety by showing things for what they really are. Tiger’a Eye is also said to be a talisman for good luck. It has the power to focus the mind, and gives mental clarity, assisting us to resolve problems objectively and unclouded by emotions. Particularly useful for healing psychosomatic illnesses such as personality disorders like borderline and schizophrenia. It’s a perfect Crystal to recognize one’s own needs in relation to the needs of others. Balancing yin-yang and energizing the emotional body, Tiger Eye stabilizes mood swings, gIves willpower, purpose, courage and self-confidence, and releases tension.
Tiger’s Eye has a positive effect on the eyes, throat and reproductive organs, and is excellent for hormonal imbalances. It releases toxins, reduces pain and is helpful for the alignment of the spinal column.
Scroll down for the ultimate Tiger’s Eye meditation
Tiger’s Eye Meditation
This is a super simple meditation to get the most out of Tiger’s Eye healing powers. If you don’t have time for a long meditation, 10 minutes will be just fine. It’s is more about the consistency and the intention to get in tune with your crystal to get the best out of it to fit your needs when holding or wearing it.
This meditation is particularly useful to calm the mind, but you can customize it with any intention you have with your piece of Tiger’s Eye
- Sit or lay down comfortably, whatever you prefer. There are no rules, the only thing that’s important is that it feels good to you.
- A moment of mindfulness: take a good look at your crystal and notice any flashes and patterns. Once you’re done observing your crystal you can close your eyes and notice how it feels in your hands. Feel the bumps and roughness of it, or how polished/smooth it is. Also notice the weight and think of how this crystal grew into the earth.
- Hold your crystal in your left hand ( the receiving hand ) or place it on your third eye ( in the middle of your forehead just above the eyebrows ).
- Take about 5 deep breaths, and hold in your breath for a while after each breath in. This allows your cells to absorb more oxygen. Take as much breaths as is comfortable for you.
- Now with your eyes closed just breath at your normal phase, imagining white light flowing into your body and energizing the chakras at each breath. Do this for as long as you please.
- Now feel your Tiger’s Eye and imagine your intended powers to flow into your body. For example giving you balance, truth, clear thinking or empowerment. You could also use affirmations with this like: “Give me balance” so you can really stay focused on the energy. You don’t have to say this out loud, you can also do this in your mind. Keep doing this for at least 5 minutes.
- When you’re finished imagine a field of warm brown light like your Tiger’s Eye surrounding your body to carry with you everywhere for protection.
- Now ground yourself by feeling your body and the medium supporting it, and feel connected to the earth by imagining roots growing out of you and into the earth.
- Close your practice by opening your eyes and taking a few cleansing breaths.
I hope you enjoyed this quick & powerful meditation. Many of us don’t have the time / headspace to take full meditations, and this is not necessary. Doing them in shorts will give you more motivation and persistence. Stay tuned for more Crystal meditations and new additions to our shop!
* Keep in mind that crystal properties are open to interpretation. This information is based off Judy Hall’s Crystal bible integrated with things I have learned during my own experiences and research. There is no one right or wrong answer. Decide what feels good for you and feel free to disregard what doesn’t. Use your imagination <3 it’s all about your personal bond with your crystal of choice.